Pages

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Olive and Tomato Lazy Bread

This week I made a bread inspired by one of my grandmother's recipes which I grew up having. She calls it Lazy Bread because it is so simple to make. We would have it for breakfast with some yogurt on the side.


 
In the original recipe the ingredients are even fewer than in my version. I decided to make it a little more pizza like, by adding olives, tomatoes and thyme. I also think that basil would have worked lovely, but sadly the store was all out. I also reduced the amount of flour by half and included polenta instead.

I am very happy with how it turned out. It’s very moist and flavourful. It makes a great addition to many meals, I had mine with salad and a piece of grilled fish. 



Serves 3-4

Ingredients:

2 eggs
1 tsp of olive oil
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 cup of natural yogurt
1/2 cup of plain flour
1/2 cup of ground polenta
100g feta cheese
2 small tomatoes - chopped
100g mixed olives - chopped
a pinch of salt
a sprinkle of dry thyme


 
In a large bowl whisk the eggs and add the oil.  To that add yogurt, flour, polenta, baking powder and mix well into a thick mixture. Crumble feta cheese in  and add  tomatoes, olives, salt and thyme, and fold into the mixture.

Preheat oven on Gas mark 6.

Use a little oil and spread it around your choice of baking tin. Pour your mixture in and bake in the oven for about 40 min or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. When ready take out and let it cool on a wire rack before slicing it.

Enjoy!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment